Depending on the industry served, a typical B2B small to mid-sized business will get thousands of unique web visitors each month.
Most digital marketers are thrilled if 2%-3% of these unique visitors self-identify interest by completing one of the forms on the website. At this conversion rate, marketing is able to generate several hundred “warm” leads for sales follow up on a monthly basis. To digital marketers, these are “signals” of market demand.
The other 97% of the web visitors
who don’t complete a form are visible to digital marketers as numbers. This monthly web “traffic” is measured by web analytics tools such as Google Analytics (GA). Measuring web traffic is useful for determining the effectiveness of marketing campaigns – events, SEO/PPC, advertisement, direct marketing, etc. Marketing spends a lot of money to generate awareness and drive prospective buyers to their website. Determining the effectiveness of these dollars by measuring the amount of monthly web traffic is critical feedback to marketers. Hence, the rise of “data driven marketing.” For digital marketers, tools like GA help measure the “noise.”
But, the ultimate goal of marketing is to generate revenue. Creating compelling campaigns that get prospective buyers to your website is a means to the end goal of generating revenue. Sales teams don’t find web traffic measures particularly useful when it comes to generating revenue. To support revenue generation, marketers must be able to increase the ratio of web visitor “signals” to the “noise.” In other words, marketers must make more of the 97% monthly web traffic volume actionable by sales.
That’s why we made VisitorTrack
VisitorTrack gives digital marketers the ability to increase the “signal” to “noise” ratio from the thousands of monthly web visitors who are otherwise visible only as numbers. VisitorTrack starts with identifying the “invisible” web visitors who don’t self-declare. Next, we filter out the unidentifiable visitors – those who came to your site via an ISP or some other service provider that masks the visitor company I.P address. Unless you sell to very small businesses and/or home office businesses, this filtering process reduces the noise to a more relevant set of business prospects. Like all good web monitoring tools, VisitorTrack identifies the specific web pages and content viewed by these visitors which provides deeper insights to the interests of these prospective customers. Then, VisitorTrack appends this visitor data with demographic and firmagraphic company information. Once the company data are identified, VisitorTrack further filters the visiting company data based on user-defined criteria – industry, geo-location, company size, pages visited, etc., and delivers this visitor data via automated reports to the designated marketing and sales professionals. Voila! Signals from the noise.
Web visitor data collected via form conversions are collected as signals of market demand. The visitor information is immediately ready to pass to sales as a “warm” lead. For a well performing website, these signals are generated by 2% – 3% of the visitor traffic. The other 97% of visitor traffic is anonymous and is collected as noise. Converting this noise to more actionable data requires sophisticated intelligence and automated filtering technology. That’s why we made VisitorTrack.